v_kyr

A visual shortcuts explorer for Affinity Tools

Here is a more general version of a visual shortcuts explorer for Affinity Tools, which can show up both, the Affinity Designer + Photo keyboard shortcuts for Win/Mac (in English or German language), on different choosable localized keyboard layouts.

To use it, extract the compressed archive and navigate into the "/AffinityShortcutMapper" folder, there open the HTML page index.html locally in your default or prefered web browser and start exploring the various shortcuts!

Note: for the Chrome web browser you might try instead to locally launch Chrome the below shown way (due to it's default security settings) in order to allow file:// protocol access for it  ...

• > "C:\PathTo\Chrome.exe" --allow-file-access-from-files

See also this related posting.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.8.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.8.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Is there an update around for the ShortcutMapper? It appears to need the app version 1.5.5. and doesn't find/work with my current v.1.8.3.

983995723_shortcutmapper1.thumb.jpg.9141e057e6effa840f60dafbf5e98316.jpg

483611337_shortcutmapper2.jpg.7012304ac7ace39f9d2a57a41bdc4376.jpg

macOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro Retina 15" + Eizo 24", Affinity in Separated Mode (documents merged)

On 6/4/2020 at 2:23 AM, thomaso said:

Is there an update around for the ShortcutMapper?

No didn't touched/updated that since then. Would have to see if I find some left free time to update and generate new updated JSON keyboard shortcut files, if any essientiell ones have changed since then ( since AF v.1.5.5 times).

On 6/4/2020 at 2:23 AM, thomaso said:

It appears to need the app version 1.5.5. and doesn't find/work with my current v.1.8.3.

It's independent of any Affinity product, all it does is just showing up keyb shortcuts which do stem out of it's own association-list JSON format files. The 1.5.5 version number here just indicates that the keyb shortcuts (those it shows up on screen in a webbrowser), are those taken from APh/AD v1.5.5 version times. - The keyb ahortcut lists would need to be reworked for possible keyb updates and/or changes since then in order to be more actual.

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

It's independent of any Affinity product,

So any idea why it shows this error message about missing "data for this OS or App version"? Is it incompatible to macOS, or to macOS 10.14.x, or to my Cliqz browser app?
Can I avoid the error and make it work for me, without coding?

I wouldn't request an update, I am just curious what's going on if it works (– or currently why not).

macOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro Retina 15" + Eizo 24", Affinity in Separated Mode (documents merged)

4 hours ago, thomaso said:

So any idea why it shows this error message about missing "data for this OS or App version"?

Of course I have an idea. 😉 -  The whole ShortcutMapper is HTML/JS/CSS based and would need a local running HTTP-server, or when executed locally via a webbrowser, the webbrowser would need enabled "file://" protocoll access rights then. As default for mostly all webbrowsers a local "file://" access is denied and thus must be first enabled via options settings.

So for example, if we want to run it locally and directly in the Chrome webbrowser (thus in no local running web server), we would have to tell Chrome first to allow local file access through the webbrowser. In order to do that we can start Chrome with the --allow-file-access-from-files option, which allows a file:// webpage access to other file:// resources.

• On Win:

> "C:\PathTo\Chrome.exe" --allow-file-access-from-files

• On MacOS

"/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome" --allow-file-access-from-files

Afterwards you would just open the common "index.html" from inside the webbrowser. - The file access rights have to be enabled for every used webbrowser individually, dependent on the webbrowser and it's configuration settings.