You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why does grouping also crop items

When I group a few objects in AD, the resulting group is somehow cropped in a strange way, like there's n invisible mask somewhere.

post-15303-0-91818200-1493119087_thumb.png

post-15303-0-82840200-1493119088_thumb.png

I was suspecting that the problem was from the constraints, tried to remove constraints from various objects, but failed because when I add the scale constraints (to make the object as a default/new object), other objects on the canvas move or disappear  (those objects that have nothing to do with those edited ones).

Any idea how to fix?  Thx

AD version 1.5.5

Can't quite tell whats going on w. the layers, but my guess is that the objects are not just grouped, but also nested. When nested, the geometry of the upper most object crops those below.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Yes they are. The 4 objects are part of a "parent" rectangle (the big white background).  

Does that mean that nested objects cannot be grouped because they get confused by the constraints?

And why the weird cropping?

I haven't needed to use constraints, so I don't know if or how that is playing a part in the problem.

Nested objects are cropped by the geometry of the parent. If the parent object's bounds are too small, the nested children can't be seen.

Grouped object w/o nesting work differently. The layer hierarchy determines which objects are drawn 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. such that the upper ones are visible.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet