You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Transform

We want's it. That is all.

I'm figuring this might actually be an easy one.  

And I do really really miss this facility..

It's the sort of thing that one wants at the heart of the creative process, so it's very jarring to have to go to another app in the middle of the act, as it were  - which may lose various affinity nicenesses.

TIA.

one planet, one chance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If it will let us move the vertices of a text box independently of one another—convert the initial rectangle into an octagon, or an assymetric trapezoid for a perspective effect—without converting the text to curves, that would be extra brilliant.

Regarding mesh warping generally on both future versions of Designer and the current Photo Beta.

Would it be possible to have the grid aligned other than horizontally/vertically to begin with ?

For example diagonally aligned meshes might be useful for subjects with many diagonal elements or perhaps a rotatable mesh grid.

In case there's any doubt I'm talking here about the initial form of the mesh grid before the user starts any pushing or pulling.

Would it be possible to have a starting mesh consisting of parabolic curves rather than straight lines ?
A bit esoteric I know but might be interesting.

@JCresswell, try :

1. Setting the Mode to Source using the Perspective tool's options palette.

2. Align the Perspective distort tool's mesh to match the Layer's innate perspective.

3. Switch Mode to Destination

4. Pull the corner handles to adjust the perspective of the selected layer.

Does this yield the functionality you were looking for?

Regarding mesh warping generally on both future versions of Designer and the current Photo Beta.

Would it be possible to have the grid aligned other than horizontally/vertically to begin with ?

For example diagonally aligned meshes might be useful for subjects with many diagonal elements or perhaps a rotatable mesh grid.

In case there's any doubt I'm talking here about the initial form of the mesh grid before the user starts any pushing or pulling.

Would it be possible to have a starting mesh consisting of parabolic curves rather than straight lines ?
A bit esoteric I know but might be interesting.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

What I had in mind was the ability to place a mesh line at any angle (and ideally of any curvature) so that you could use these lines to protect objects from being distorted whilst you changed objects nearby. The ability to draw a mesh line freehand would actually be even better - rather like using freehand masking tools - allowing an area to be protected.
Being restricted to straight lines makes the process of warping more difficult since you obviously have to keep checking the objects you’re not intending to warp to make sure they’re not being dragged along with the rest.
I suppose what I’m suggesting is really ‘warp masking’.