You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Shortcut Mapper

v_kyr

Let's share my personal used keyboard shortcuts visualiser for Affinity Designer. As you might have guessed from it's name, this tool shows up the ADe shortcuts in a more direct virtual keyboard style manner, locally in your web browser.

• post-49706-0-91533600-1493049276_thumb.jpg
  • post-49706-0-97474200-1493049310_thumb.jpg

For adjustments just select or switch to the corresponding option setting on top of the page view for your ADe version (actually included are reworked English and German shortcuts for ADe v1.10.5 now). Select your OS (Win or Mac) and the localized keyboard layout you use:

• post-49706-0-84176200-1493049702_thumb.jpg

You can also search for shortcuts via the bottom search field:

• post-49706-0-10701100-1493049790_thumb.jpg

To run it locally, extract the compressed archive and navigate into the "/DesignerShortcutMapper" folder. There open the HTML page index.html in your default or prefered web browser. See also the following note:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read the in this distribution supplied readme.txt file, in order to understand how to setup/configure/enable for a webbrowser then local file:// access rights for running the DesignerShortcutMapper locally without a static HTTP server! - Though the recommended way is to run it via a http-server!

Here attached is the compressed DesignerShortcutMapper_v1.10.5.zip archive reworked for ADe v.1.10.5:

Have fun with it!

See also this related posting.

DesignerShortcutMapper.zip

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you for this, will try in the morning.  I invariable use the menus because I cannot remember the keyboard shortcuts.  will give this a try. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3447) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Thank you!

Works well for me in Firefox, but would not run properly in Chrome (on Windows), would not load the .json file, apparently due to Chrome's strict implementation of the Same-Origin Policy for files opened directly from the hard disk (prevents some malware situations but also prevents some legitimate uses such as your keyboard visualiser).

This thread discusses the issue, possible workarounds, and potential security problems for some of those workarounds: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3102819/disable-same-origin-policy-in-chrome

Edit: corrected would not load jQuery library to would not load .json file

Hi,

loading it in locally via the file:// protocol works for me fine in Firefox and Safari on a Mac box. This tool uses JS ajax calls to load keyboards and application data etc. in, one has for Chrome probably to allow the file:// access first, since that one has as default security measures setup to prevent this.

So for Chrome you might try to start Chrome instead this way to allow file:// access ...

• > "C:\PathTo\Chrome.exe" --allow-file-access-from-files

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

• 3 months later...

Hi v_kyr,

thanks a lot for this nice tool! Works fine for me in Firefox even if I miss some shortcuts, like ⌘ + ⇧ + P (Document Settings); ⌘ + , (Preferences); ⌘ + # (Grids on/off); ⌘ + ; (Guides on/off)

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB, MacBook Pro M1 | macOS 12.1 | iPad Pro2 | iOS 15.2

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

• 4 years later...

It's obviously quite old now, and was only, originally, made for Designer. It doesn't work with newer versions of Designer. There's more information about it here:

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

2 hours ago, PaulEC said:

It's obviously quite old now, and was only, originally, made for Designer. It doesn't work with newer versions of Designer. There's more information about it here:

Thank you, this version still shows only 1.5.5, but when I run it from my webserver it works at least.
Have to check if the shortcuts shown are still accurate though.

8 minutes ago, LostInTranslation said:

Have to check if the shortcuts shown are still accurate though.

As both of those shortcut mapper tools indicate, the keyboard shortcuts added there are from old Affinity versions (... once upon a time), nowadays there should be much more keyboard shortcuts included in actual Affinity apps. - Due to not much feedback I've never updated these tools!

• 2 months later...

Here's is a new (reworked) version of the Affinity Designer Shortcut Mapper for ADe v.1.10.5.

This is the corresponding DesignerShortcutMapper_v.1.10.5.zip archive:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please read the in this distribution supplied readme.txt file, in order to understand how to setup/configure/enable for a webbrowser then local file:// access rights for running the DesignerShortcutMapper locally without a static HTTP server! - Though the recommended way is to run it via a http-server!