You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi MarjysUz,

Welcome to the Forums :) 

Artboards are an exclusive Designer feature. Affinity Photo is a RAW converter/developer and photo editing app. It's not intended to be used for graphic/web/ui design where artboards are commonly used. Although Photo does recognize them it's not possible to create them there.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Could you show us an image consisting of several pages? :)

Multi-page TIFFs are commonly used for FAX documents, but I don't believe that support for such files is needed in a photo editing app.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Could you show us an image consisting of several pages? :)

This is not relevant, but... why not.

Anyway, what I'm doing is.. I'm just using one project to store a lot of smaller drawings that I scanned. But because there is a lot of them, and if I can have only one page per file, it means I have to store them in separate files. If I could add pages, I could store them in the same file, and it would be easy to browse through them. Maybe there's some way to have infinite room to store them, but I kind of like it that they are sitting on an A4 since that's where they'll end up anyway, so I can see them in proportion already while browsing. It would seem I should create a pdf document with a lot of blank pages... but seems weird. I know Designer would have been better for this kind of project, but since I wanted a photo editor too, I thought I could manage with Photo.

I'm just using one project to store a lot of smaller drawings that I scanned. But because there is a lot of them, and if I can have only one page per file, it means I have to store them in separate files. If I could add pages, I could store them in the same file, and it would be easy to browse through them.

If you're just using APh files for storage, not for applying adjustments and filter effects, you can put each image on its own layer and then Alt-click on that layer in the Layers panel to view it in isolation.

Alfred spacer.png

If you're just using APh files for storage, not for applying adjustments and filter effects, you can put each image on its own layer and then Alt-click on that layer in the Layers panel to view it in isolation.

Okay, thanks, I'll try this out. Not sure how it's gonna look though, how easy it will be to browse through hundreds of them.

I'm coming to Scotland this summer!

Okay, thanks, I'll try this out. Not sure how it's gonna look though, how easy it will be to browse through hundreds of them.

If it were me, I think I'd do them in batches of less than a hundred per file.

I'm coming to Scotland this summer!

I hope you bring some good weather with you! :D

Alfred spacer.png

I hope you bring some good weather with you!  :D

From Finland :/ Hahahaha... don't get your hopes up. :D

rotfl.gif

Alfred spacer.png

• 7 months later...
On 23. 4. 2017 at 3:01 PM, Callum said:

Hi MarjysUz,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Artboards are an exclusive Designer feature. Affinity Photo is a RAW converter/developer and photo editing app. It's not intended to be used for graphic/web/ui design where artboards are commonly used. Although Photo does recognize them it's not possible to create them there.

Thanks

C

I understand you designed Photo to be one image bitmap editor, but i would definitely like to have artboards even in Photo, because i often create banner groups for ad systems like adwords andn sklik.cz (czech republic only), which means i have to make about 15 different banner compositions and i have to do them in PsCC. Affinity Designer is not a good enviroment due to lack of bitmap tools, masking etc. In case i postprocess some photo, i use artboards as well - i have 2 or 3 of them with same image but different effects and there i am able to easily compare which way is better etc. Artboards are definitely useful even in Photo. Pls, try to rethink the possibility to add them there.

EDIT: I know i can create artboard file in Designer, but it´s still a workaround and people who dont need Designer needs to purchase it to be able to use artboards. Kinda weird.

On 27/11/2017 at 10:28 AM, tomasnosek said:

people who dont need Designer needs to purchase it to be able to use artboards

Not so! People who want to be able to use artboards in Affinity Photo only need to get hold of an Affinity Designer document containing one or more artboards which they can tweak and/or replicate.

Alfred spacer.png

On 23. 4. 2017 at 7:27 PM, Alfred said:

It´s obvious, but why i need a template file or create it? Only difference between Photo and Designer is a checkbox "Use artboards" in creating new project and a tool in toolbar. Everything else Photo can do, so i ask: What is the reason to not have this feature allowed natively in Photo if it knows how to work with artboards? It´s absurd.I have bought both Photo and Designer, but Photo only owners needs to make a research on google how to allow artboards and find forum where is artboard teamplate or someone can say "There is no way to use artboards in Photo so fck off i will stay with Ps". Just add the checkbox to Photo and you will save a lot of time to users and you can promote this modern feature as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I can support that. 

I can't see a reason to not be able to create artboards, neither, while  you can read, edit and save ones.

Artboards are a cool way to just orginize a work within one document. Ofcourse you can do everything with layers but it can be quite messy sometimes.

It would be cool  to ad it to "just" photo processing software, imo. 

I can understand why photographers don't understand it. But I come form corel/adobe vector world, where AP is great replacemement for PS, and is doing great in reading vectors. And artboards or pages in CD, are just great help.