peterorlowsky

[Fixed] Affinity Designer 1.5 crashes on Sierra when open an embedded document

Hi,

Affinity Designer Crashes instantly when I try to open an embedded document inside a .afdesign file. This happens every time, with every file and every embedded document on my

27" late 2012 IMac running Sierra 10.12.4.

I attached the Apple Crash Report, thought this might be useful for you.

Do you need any further information?

... despite that little Issue, I have to say I really love the new Features 1.5 is coming with! You all have done such a great job!

greets

peter

designer-apple-crash-repor.txt

Hey Sean,

in the beginning, I also thought this must be a problem with my machine, because otherwise a lot of people must run into it.

But today I got the same Issue at my working place, on a different machine (MacBook Air, 8GB) with another apple ID, also Affinity Designer 1.5 and macOsX Sierra.

Looking forward for a solution, as I introduced Affinity Designer as our new UX-/UI Tool at work.

I attached a file with an embedded document, but this happens NOT just with this document, it crashes everytime I double click on an embedded document in an .afdesign-file :(

thanks for your help

peter

embedded_crash.afdesign

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the file! Initially I couldn't reproduce your crash with that file either, however looking at the crash report I can see several mentions of TextStyles. I then found out that this crash is caused by having the Text Styles Panel visible with 'Show Hierarchical' ticked. Unticking this option (or having this panel not visible) will allow you to work around the crash in the meantime.

I will get it reported to development. Thanks again for your help!