First off, change the CMYK sliders to display percentage instead of 8-bit values. Use the little hamburger menu at the top right of the Color panel to change it.

Mike

Your CMYK values are still using 8-bit.

I don't know about APhoto. I don't have it. But if it works the same as AD, then you need to switch from the 8-bit numbers and use Percentage.

Here's a screen shot from AD. Top rectangle is the RGB numbers you posted. Bottom one I simply changed to CMYK and it is using Percentage--at least after the first time it is changed.

Mike

post-255-0-03884400-1492966276_thumb.png

I get the same as the op. In AP and AD.

As percentage: 80, 17, 40, 0. And to answer the op.... that certainly seems to be incorrect. The linked website is correct... as is MikeW.

(also, when the original RGB (0,158,160) is sampled by the eyedropper tools in AD, the R value jumps to 4. AND in the latest Beta 1.5.5 (2) it jumps to *cough* 11. That is not, I repeat... not a Spinal Tap joke!)

Mac.

Hi pa.ka,

The reason for the difference is that we use Apple's Colour Conversion (See the Calculator in the ColorSync Utility) - the website you're using to do the conversions is probably using a different conversion method.