Jim Monson

Using Clone Brush Tool between different Affinity Photo docs

In Affinity Photo (AP) I have not yet discovered how to copy pixels from one doc to another. I have done my repair on one AP doc and want to use the Clone Brush to transfer my area corrections to a different doc of the exact same proportions. I can of course do this in Photoshop and may have to revert to this method, but I would like to know if I'm missing something. Within the same doc it works well but not to another doc. Thanks.

The Sources panel is used for this. It is described in the AP help (in the Workspace > Panels section) but it is probably more easily understand by watching the Affinity Photo - Clone Sources video tutorial.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

1 hour ago, cote32mt said:

Great - how can this be done in the iPad version?

That might be a better question for the iPad Questions forum :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta