FernandoRosa

Photo: exported/flattened result different from original

I bought "Affinity Photo" recently and I was playing with it and found this problem that is annoying.

I really expect to receive, as my final image, exactly what I'm seeing on my screen while I'm editing, but this is not the case... how can I create something if when I flatten and export the result is totally different?

post-52274-0-49230700-1492694415_thumb.png

post-52274-0-13472300-1492694434_thumb.png

Affinity Desinger & Photo | Macbook Pro 13" Early 2015 | macOS Sierra 10.12.6 | Intel Core i5 2.7GHz | 8GB RAM | Intel Graphics 6100 1536MB

Hi FernandoRosa,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You have to compare both images at 100% zoom (1:1). Affinity renders live filters/effects dynamically (to speed up the application) which means their appearance changes slightly depending on the zoom level you are seeing them. To get accurate previews of what will be exported set the zoom level to 100%.

Hi FernandoRosa,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You have to compare both images at 100% zoom (1:1). Affinity renders live filters/effects dynamically (to speed up the application's responsiveness) which means their appearance changes slightly depending on the zoom level you are seeing them. To get accurate previews of what will be exported set the zoom level to 100%.

Well, you are right... it's sad that the "fit to screen" version looks better than the real thing in "1:1". 

Thank you, I'll take this in account next time.

Affinity Desinger & Photo | Macbook Pro 13" Early 2015 | macOS Sierra 10.12.6 | Intel Core i5 2.7GHz | 8GB RAM | Intel Graphics 6100 1536MB

Maybe we can put this in a feature request? :) Some type of performance override to give us  a wysiwyg view? Or a warning that we are seeing a less than optimal rendering?

Skill Level: Beginner, digital photography, digital editing, lighting.

Equipment: Consumer grade. Sony Nex5n, Nikon D5100, (16MP sony sensors)

Paid Software: Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Lightroom4

Free Software: NIK collection, Sony CaptureOne9, Cyberlink PhotoDirector6, Hugin, ImageJ, MS Ice, Davinci Resolve

Computer: Win10 home, CPU Skylake I7-6700, GPU Saphire HD7850 1G, Plextor SSD