You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, i have a little problem. I came here from adobe illustrator and I have the problem with export for printing.

I wanna have pdf with print marks and graphic fill all the paper, not just resize by print marks.

• Staff

Hi bollix,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

When exporting to PDF click the More button and check Include printers marks - then select the options you want from the checkboxed. There's also an option to Include Bleed there if needed. Note that there's no bleed preview on canvas at this point. It will be added in a future update. You have to use a rectangle shape (no fill, just the outline) with the document dimensions + bleed area and "center" it around the document to use as a bleed preview.

Thanks MikeW for the information.
The distractional stuff which flew miles over the topic got edited out. :)

Edited by myclay

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | gumroad.com/myclay
Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

myclay, I do not understand your point as relates to the thread.

AD can set whatever you need/want for bleed and include it and the trim/other marks in the PDF. That's not the issue in the thread in so far as I understand it.

But yes, I use the equivalent of 3 mm for both bleed and safety. I have gone larger due to what I was creating (large format, billboards, etc.). But never smaller and have never personally had the requirement to do so. Most of the print establishments I work with don't even want the print marks included and in a properly made PDF (such as AD generates) they are not necessary. In the service bureaus I have work for in the past, we never even saw the trim marks/etc., produced by any software unless we opened the PDF in Acrobat or the like. Imposition software by default disregards those items and uses the "page boxes" that are defined in the PDF but not shown.

Mike