You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I could not help myself....I keep noodling around in the pixel personal. I think I am getting antsy about getting my hands on the Affinity Photo ;) Ohnmmmm, patience. 

Anyway, all done in Affinity no third party tools required. :)

planets.jpg

Now where's that freakin wormhole...

I like that idea  :) . was definitely missing something. She could use some warping mesh tools...:)

planets-worm-2.jpg

Thanks Matt!  Was a fun experimentation.

I learned something last night. I like trying to find ways to use stuff in a way your not suppose too, but this type of experimentation does not come without repercussions. If you saw my true detective time-lapse project then you notice I made a pseudo time-lapse video from scrubbing through the history scrubber palette. The  reason why I chose to do that way was because screen recording uses a lot of hard drive space and it also uses resources. That can be a bit much over a few hours of recording of experimentation. It easier and less resource intensive to to just screen record 2 minutes of me scrubbing through the history palette. thus here is the repercussion of my action. I have been spoiled by the awesomeness of affinity designer's saving and and file crash recovery system. I was not thinking but as I was scrubbing though and stopped at one point in the middle of my process. I clicked an object in the canvas. When I clicked in the canvas it made that point in the history palette the  end point of the history permanently and deleted every state after that. command +Z could not save me from that mistake nor could the recovery.

So, the lesson learned was if I intend to use the history in this way I should make sure that my adjustments are final and not to click in the window. I probably the only one that cares about this, but I think it would be cool if you could actually set a playback speed and have affinity designer playback your history like a movie and maybe even export a small movie sequence of some sort that could be shared on social media. I actually tested this out and produced a time lapse test that 15 seconds and shared it on my instagram page. I think it probably one of my most viewed images. It took a bit of work but I figured it out and made it happen it definitely much more rewarding just the still image by itself.

check it out You have to have a instagram account to see the 15 sec Video.

Nice!

But where is the R-wing? Other side of the planet, perhaps?

How did you know i like video games? Hmmmmm

Thats truly incredible, I drew up some planets a few months back on affinity, but nothing to this degree - quite insipiring 

Aww, man thanks for those kind words! that really means a lot to me! Part of the approach to this project can be found in my free youtube tutorial on texture brushes and blend modes. You can check that video out here  watch that video and give it another try and feel free to ask me questions if you get stomped.

Thanks again  :)