the99erBoss

Unable to Export to JPG

Hey Guys! I have the same problem... The program isn't letting me put screenshots in here, but here is the error number,

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE EXPORTING TO:

USERS/RENATA PERKINS/DAWSON/SERIES TITLES/UNTITLED.JPG

THE OUTPUT FOLDER COULD NOT BE CREATED.

Please help.

Hi the99erBoss,

Could you try restarting your Mac please? Also could you try and export to the root of the 'Documents' or 'Desktop' directories please and see if that works. I presume you are also the 'RenataPerkins' user on your machine?

I have replaced my macbook pro recently for a newer model (the one with the touch ID) and I'm having this issue since then. The only way I found out to go ahead without restarting the Mac is launching the application holding the Control button while opening, so it clears the cache (I guess), but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the Mac, rather is an issue with Affinity.

This is happening after developing 20/25 RAW files and exporting to JPEG pretty consistently.

Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 08.36.12.png

I have the same issue, is there any solution, Thanks Chris I have restarted my mac several times, the first 2 images could be exported then the problem starts again.

Hi Sean,

thank's a lot for your replay, but I din't change anything and I am not aware that I have saved any fonts at all. I'm a user since now, I guess 5 years and I never had this issue. I never installed any fonts knowingly. By the way I'm using Affinity photo, perhaps I'm in the wrong forum. ;-)  I noticed a pattern while working, "I open a RAW file, work on it, and when I am finished I export it, everything is ok. If I leave the finished RAW file open and get to work with a new file, export this again, and leave it open, (and so on)  "I don't get any error message" I get this message only, when I close the RAW file I worked on, without saving it as RAW file and then trying to export my new file/ project again as jpeg. In this case very frustrating I have to close everything without the chance to save my work.

My workaround at time is to leave everything open until I get noticeable performance issues, close everything and start again.

I hope you did understand my Formulations ;-)

Thanx for you're help

best

Christian