Dennison

Move Tool and other problems with 1.5.5

Love using AF - with over 700 line drawings completed for a technical book on marine diesel engine systems!

However, with the update to 1.5.5 I've encountered a few bugs:

1) Move Tool will suddenly stop selecting with mouse click - can only select with click and drag

2) Transform - locked ratio suddenly goes wrong.  Object can be distorted in any direction, even though locked

3) Grouped items - objects can be moved individually even though they are still locked in a "Group"

4) Font - selecting bold or italics in Iowan Old Style will suddenly switch font to Times.  Happens intermittently.

5) File that was being used when computer goes to sleep is BLACK on wake-up. File has to be closed (no save) then reopened.

Using Sierra 10.12.4 on new Macbook Pro

Tested the Logitech mouse -  failure to Select only happens with Move Tool in AF, works flawlessly with other tools and with all other software on the computer.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Dennison Berwick

www.marinedieselbasics.com

Hi Dennison,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. I need a few more details here. Can you record a small clip of this happening with the object/layers panel visible?

2. The lock icon in the transform panel only applies to the values you write in the input fields (it's not a "toggle" to lock the ratio of objects on canvas). You can still change the ratio of the objects on canvas using the Move Tool: if you want to keep the ratio of the objects on canvas just scale them using the corner handles for objects that have an intrinsic aspect ratio - like text and images - and press and hold ⇧ (shift) for objects which don't have an intrinsic aspect ratio (all the rest). You can change this behavior (which is the Automatic setting) in Affinity Preferences, Tools section Move Tool Aspect Constrain drop down.

3. When you click once an object contained in a group on canvas, the whole group is selected. If you double-click an object instead, you "enter" inside the group and select only that object. When "inside" the group you only have to click once again to select other objects inside the same group. Selecting an object inside a group directly in the Layers panel always picks the object immediately. This is all by design. Let me know if I'm missing something or you are seeing a different behaviour.

4. Will check this out. Seems like a bug.

5. Are you using an external monitor with Affinity Designer or just the Macbook screen?

Let me know if i misunderstood any of your points.

Okay thank you for responding so quickly.

1.  I will do this as soon as I have a moment (major book deadline next week)

2.  Thanks - this probably solves it. Maybe it reset to Do Not Constrain when update installed.

3.  I'll have to experiment more with this.

4. I think so because it happens  intermittently.

5.  Yes using an external monitor.

Thanks,

Dennison