You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm new to photo editing and to using affinity photo

Yesterday I started editing photos using the develope persona and I ran into a couple of issues

I have a batch of photos in the same scene with the same lighting conditions

So I thought of editing one photo and then applying all the edits to the rest of the photos - but that option of batch processing doesn't exist for the develope persona.

So I tried a suggestion from the forums -  to use presets

Now it took me some time to understand how to use presets - it's not self explanatory. You have to make your changes completely and then create a new preset for each category - he basic, lens correction, tone curves, detail categories

Two issues I found were:

1. White balance settings don't get saved to the preset - thus I have to change white balance again for each photo

2. When I open a new RAW file, the previous preset (for example "outside preset") is selected but is not applied. I have to switch back to default preset and then select "outside" preset for it to effct the changes

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I have the latest affinity photo version for windows

Hi Chintan,

We are aware of the issue with the White Balance and saving a preset, it's with the develops to look into further. Also the way the custom presets need to applied is something that's logged for them to look into.

thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it

• 2 months later...

I have the same request - I have a number of RAW photos that were taken under a blue awning, resulting in a blue cast. I can set the white balance 1 by 1 but I really want to set it once and then set it for all the others in batch mode.

I have the same request - I have a number of RAW photos that were taken under a blue awning, resulting in a blue cast. I can set the white balance 1 by 1 but I really want to set it once and then set it for all the others in batch mode.

I decided to use a software called rawtherapee - it's quite good for raw files editing, especially for batch editing - I've been using it constantly and it works well - light on resources but swift

You could try that if you have dozens/hundreds of raw files to edit

• 5 months later...

it's something I need a lot, it's normal to have 15 identical pictures with small differences of scene characters. And not being able to work RAW in batches kills me. RawTherapy is an option, Darktable, already has windows version and its batch image work is very powerful. I hope that soon it can be done in Affinity Photo, sure yes.

• 2 weeks later...