Sign in to follow this  
Dooza

Affinity Designer:Two different documents side by side?

Hi,

I can't for the life of me work out how I would open up two (or more) Affinity Designer files and have them display side by side on the same screen?  I found a post mentioning "Window/Seperated view" but I have no options for this if I go into the Window menu myself?

I've attached a screenshot of how I would do it in Photoshop CS5.

Thanks in advance...

post-53700-0-05860200-1492426810_thumb.jpg

Hi Dooza,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

These commands (menu Window ▸ Separated Mode) are only available on Mac. On Windows just drag the document tabs from the top to the middle of the application window to detach them. There's currently no options to organize the document windows (Tile, split etc) so you have to arrange them manually.

Hi Dooza,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

These commands (menu Window ▸ Separated Mode) are only available on Mac. On Windows just drag the document tabs from the top to the middle of the application window to detach them. There's currently no options to organize the document windows (Tile, split etc) so you have to arrange them manually.

Okay thanks MEB.  It's a bit tricky to use like this but no problem :) Can you say if there any plans to mirror the 'seperated mode' Mac functionality to the Windows version too? I'm still switching in and out of Affinity Designer/Photoshop as and when I'm needing to use the vector tools which are fantastic when comparing to the rather limited Photoshop ones ;) 

will this be added?

and if yes, can you then split 1 document in two so you have a version where you are viewing at 100% and one where you are zoomed ind side by side

1 hour ago, Wiezo55 said:

will this be added?

and if yes, can you then split 1 document in two so you have a version where you are viewing at 100% and one where you are zoomed ind side by side

I'm not sure what you want to be added. As stated above, you can already have two documents side by side. And, yes, you can also have separate views of the same document at different zoom levels. Both have been available for a long time, now.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta