You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Netflix like Logo Perspective + Fill shape with pattern ?

Hello

Am working on a logo and was wondering how to

1. Give a group of (text or shapes) a perspective like Netflix Logo.

I have AF photo and AF designer - however I wasn't able to effectively use the perspective or mesh tool for the same.

post-33533-0-28421500-1492374187_thumb.p

2. Can one fill a shape with patterns ?

Here's part of the logo - I've converted it into curves - wanting to fill it with patters - say like stars or something around the spine...

Idea is to make it look like fancy movie glasses

post-33533-0-15990600-1492374496_thumb.p

Thanks

post-33533-0-28421500-1492374187_thumb.png

post-33533-0-15990600-1492374496_thumb.png

Use InkScape or another software that is capable of envelope warps. That said, I think it is a waste of time on two lower case letters and rounded ones at that.

Find an image of stars you like. Clip it into a circle slightly larger than the counters of those letters. Send it to the back and duplicate it. Move them into position.

Hello

Am working on a logo and was wondering how to

1. Give a group of (text or shapes) a perspective like Netflix Logo.

I have AF photo and AF designer - however I wasn't able to effectively use the perspective or mesh tool for the same.

post-33533-0-28421500-1492374187_thumb.p

1. Type the letters

2. Convert to curves

3. Select all the individual letters in the "Group"

4. Use the Node Tool to select all the bottom nodes of the letters

5. Drag the nodes down to extend the lower half of all the letters (about 0.5 inches in my example.)

5. Add an eclipse on the lower half of the letters, colour it white to hide the bottom of the letters giving the curve to them

PS  Individual nodes on each letter can then be tweaked as needed (or not)

netflix.afdesign

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5. Drag the nodes ...

5. Add an eclipse ...

The second step 5 should probably be step 6, and I suspect that an ellipse might work better than an eclipse! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The second step 5 should probably be step 6, and I suspect that an ellipse might work better than an eclipse! :P

I had too much chocolate over Easter.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2. Can one fill a shape with patterns ?

Here's part of the logo - I've converted it into curves - wanting to fill it with patters - say like stars or something around the spine...

Idea is to make it look like fancy movie glasses

post-33533-0-15990600-1492374496_thumb.p

Thanks

The Windings font has a star character so you try using it as "text on a path"

Note: In the attached, at the end, I converted the Windings font to curves.  Just in case you do not have the font, and it would have looked a bit weird

go.afdesign

1. Type the letters

2. Convert to curves

5. Drag the nodes down to extend the lower half of all the letters (about 0.5 inches in my example.)

5. Add an eclipse on the lower half of the letters, colour it white to hide the bottom of the letters giving the curve to them

Use InkScape or another software that is capable of envelope warps. That said, I think it is a waste of time on two lower case letters and rounded ones at that.

Find an image of stars you like. Clip it into a circle slightly larger than the counters of those letters. Send it to the back and duplicate it. Move them into position.

Thanks for the reply Mike

Ya I suspected it won't be easy in designer...

Reg - 'Go' - I've only shared a part of the logo - the real name is 'mango films' so the warp may look good - remains to be seen.

I didn't wanna use clipping - I want it to run along the spine (or stroke) in the centre like a text path - within the GO curve...

1. Type the letters

2. Convert to curves

Thanks Carl

I'll give it a go...

Wondering when will the warp tool would be available for the same...

Note: In the attached, at the end, I converted the Windings font to curves.  Just in case you do not have the font, and it would have looked a bit weird

That'll be Wingdings (ongoing Brexit negotiations notwithstanding). ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Carl

Ya understood that - however Since I've designed the 'g' - the text path is making things more messy - may be I need to check out the tutorial to get a better handle on this..