You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Painter Packed Bristles tool for AD!

Great tutorial. Cleared up a few things. Thanks!

re: autocorrect -- but when I type in technobabble, it doesn't autocorrect or flag it as misspelled. Hmm... :D

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

This thread is getting a little cheesy...

but seriously... Nice dino Paolo. Is it all pixel or is there any vector... any chance of seeing the wires? (outline view)

Ahaha! Thanks!

This thread is getting a little cheesy...

but seriously... Nice dino Paolo. Is it all pixel or is there any vector... any chance of seeing the wires? (outline view)

Sure! I'll share the entire process which is pretty common...

Used the blue pencil to sketch a fast layout as a base

layout.jpeg

Then traced refined shapes

flatWire.jpeg

The very last step is the "real" painting, for shading and texturing.

I used these shapes as clipping layers (paint within the shape) and the PainterPacked.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

thank you so much Paolo....to download your genrous sharings is great but to have learnt how to custom or do my own brushes is much better. This is exactly what I wa looking for. Now...I can give it a tryl It would be wonderful to. do a t utorial dedicated to brushes , f rom scratch... to know how the app is working with them. And the essence, the real "soul" of it. I had a long time to learn the layer basis on the digital tools. Now I understand it perfectly. It has happened the same with the brush creating, but though I did manage it in Ps I was not able to do it in Ad or AP.

The t utorial is great and really nice to see it in images instead of a movie cliop, for. you have time to stop along the way and read and think about what you are seeing.

Kinds greetings fron Bilbao,Spain.

Rosa

Thanks Rosa, you're welcome!  ;)

Take a look at this one too, it goes a bit deeper into the engine and explains how multiple nozzles work.

http://www.paololimoncelli.com/parametric-bristle-brush-model/

The second part is still baking... I have to find some time to complete it!  :P

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers