billgatto

Error on artboard PDF export

I have a problem, I created an A4 brochure that I then exported to PDF for submission to the print service. On affinity dimensions are correctly indicated 210x297mm. While in the PDF file are 210,06x297,01mm. They are minimal numbers but they block the procedure. Why is this difference? Thank you

post-32552-0-23158400-1492184493_thumb.jpg

post-32552-0-53242900-1492184509_thumb.jpg

A regular page seems to export just fine dimension-wise.

But yes, an artboard export is not accurate in my quicky tests.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Hi Billgatto,

Could you please include both your Corel and Affinity PDFs along with what website you are uploading to that is showing the values (as seen in your screenshot).

Thanks.

Sean,

Just create an A4 page in CD and one in AD using an artboard. Export both and check in Acrobat. No need for files. Just create empty ones. Immediately export.

post-255-0-14556000-1492522584_thumb.png

As to why a POD or other on-line print establishment would have their automatic file checker screwed down so tight, I dunno. But it is an error in AD.

Now create another A4 document, but this time do not create an artboard. Export to PDF.

post-255-0-83894400-1492522815_thumb.png

No size issues. 

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Hi Mike,

Excuse my ignorance, but how are you accessing that dialog in Acrobat? I've had a poke around Print Production but I can't find anything like that. The File > Properties dialog shows me the size in inches annoyingly.

Hi Sean,

A few ways to access the Preflight panel. One is to open the Print Production tool panel and pick Preflight. I'm using version XI, and the shortcut is ctrl+shift+x

In preferences, you can set the units to mm (or whatever) as well.

Oh. And from the Preflight panel, open the PDF Analysis section, choose List Page Objects, grouped by type of object. Expand the Document Information section, expand the Pages section, drill down by expanding until you are at the Page Information section.

Thanks, Sean.

Yes, one would have hoped that Adobe would have organized Preferences as it grew over the years. I gave up that hope at version 9...

I should have indicated where it was! Sorry.