Sign in to follow this  
shumjams

EXIF not showing Sony Lens Information in RAW

I am using Affinity 1.5.2 on Mac. I recently purchased a Sony DSC-RX10M3. When viewing the .ARW raw file I cannot see the lens information in EXIF panel. Is this a fault or will be fixed?

Thanks.

James

Hi and welcome,

AFAIK Affinity Photo uses Exiftool to obtain the EXIF data from raw and image files, and that should usually give all those Sony lens infos too. However, I recall that AP (at least the Win version I've once tried out) had a cmdline version of exiftool included, thus the Mac version will probably too. So you can try out with that one (the by AP supplied exiftool) from a terminal, if it lists/gives the EXIF lens infos for your Sony DSC-RX10M3 .ARW raw files. - If yes, it might be more an AP processing problem here for the EXIF data show up!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan