You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Only the bits that require the raster elements will be raster, plus where possible your raster elements will be clipped to the bounds of some other vector shapes (if possible) to give crisp edges and resampled to reduce any effects caused by lack of resolution.

In short, it's not as simple as yes or no, but the results will generally be very good - if you have specific examples, I can give more detail.

• Staff

Wherever you've used pixels, you've used pixels - there's no getting away from that, but if you've clipped them to a vector outline, for example, then the pixels (should) be clipped against the vector outline producing a crisp, clean result. Like I said, show me a specific example and we could probably try to guide more, but there is no general way to have raster data which is scalable without introducing artefacts (because the extra data required has to come from somewhere) but that doesn't mean the effect on the screen can't still be pleasing and often trick you into thinking there are no pixels by clipping to a vector parent object.

:)