You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In-depth reviews of AD? Patch Notes, Updates etc.

Greetings,

Since I now have a microphone, I have been thinking maybe I can start video series where I go in-depth of the features within Affinity Design, Patch Notese, Updates, what's new etc. that way it will also allow me to learn more about the software, and also someone else can get information of what the software is, and what you can do with it.

What do you guys think? I don't think I have seen any youtubers (Designers / Artists ) doing in-depth reviews of the softwares on a constant basis, definitely will take a lot of time, but I think its well worth it, since you're helping peoples along the way.

Or do you feel just the Vimeo of Affinity is sufficient in scenario like this? Feel free to share your thoughts. 

Sure. I'm always interested in tutorials. Personally, I'm mostly interested in learning about the different work styles, and not just how the software works. After all, there are so many ways to make the same thing.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Sure. I'm always interested in tutorials. Personally, I'm mostly interested in learning about the different work styles, and not just how the software works. After all, there are so many ways to make the same thing.

Work styles, as in tutorials of how someone made their works, like what Teela Cunningham does or Will Paterson with his logo videos?

I think the question is whether you like the technical details or more the artistic aspect 

yeah you are both but...there is a tendency, figure that one out  :)

probably better do more of the part that you have more knowledge on,

that will thus help people more because it is of higher quality 

I don't see what's wrong with getting into the technicalities, if anything it allows you to understand the software you're using much deeper and also makes you learn of the features available etc. ;) 

"Don’t write what you know”. Which is funny because that is ALWAYS the advice about writing.He said, “Write what fascinates you”. You might not have all the knowledge or qualifications. That’s ok, your fascination will give you perspectives and intensity nobody else has. - Brian Koppelman"

-

But yeah, I do not mind going into the technicalities nor the artistic side, all is an experiment and can just be stopped if I feel is not needed. But one thing for sure, I am stoked for this software. But maybe the technicalities isn't necessary, maybe. Since we do have a vimeo library that goes in-depth with short videos of what you can get in the software. 

Work styles, as in tutorials of how someone made their works, like what Teela Cunningham does or Will Paterson with his logo videos?

I guess I mean more on the lines of drawing styles. For example, one person might use the Pen Tool and create all closed paths for a drawing. Another person might make all open paths, and have all the fills in another layer below. Frankentoon uses shape presets for their drawings. So I'm saying learning the many ways to accomplish a drawing of the same look would be a great lesson since everyone works differently. Finding the right one can speed up production.

As for the other concern, I don't see why both technical and artsy tutorials can't be covered. Of course, it's whatever you want.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Alright, I will postpone this for the time been, and wait till there is more updated version for the painting system. Do feel it might be a lot of work to share in-depth reviews of every single feature within the software, and then also cover up all the patch notes on a constant basis so instead I will focus on a specific area which is either going to be like tools that can help with illustration process or painting process.

And discard the part of patch notes, maybe can do that from time to time when there is a major update to the Affinity Products. Thanks for sharing your insights everyone! 

-

And lastly, there is a handful of in-depth settings of Affintiy Designer from MBd

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/37125-ap-ad-beginner-amateur-pro/