You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP / sRGB_v4_ICC_preference where to load, mac

• Staff

Hi lars,

You'll need to install your colour profile within OS X, the colour profile needs to be copied into the following system folder.

Macintosh HD > Library > Colorsync > Profiles

Once the profile has been installed open Affinity Photo and select Affinity Photo > Preferences. The General tab has the drop down menus for you to change to the profile you have installed. You can also select a profile on the New Document window or change it on an existing document using the Document Setup button.

Another option is within Photo to click on File > Import ICC Profile, if I remember correctly, the profile will only be available within Photo using this method.

Hi, thanks, Lee. The first way does not work, AP do not mirror it. I tried before. The intern way mirrors the icc - and colors the pic fully black...

It is not so importend now. May be I come back later.

regards

lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

I have no idea what this means or its relevance here, but when I download the sRGB_v4_ICC_preference.icc from the link here, if I open it with the Apple Color Sync utility it is listed as in class "colorspace." The only other icc files on my system in the colorspace profile class are the Apple-provided "Generic L*a*b Profile" & the "Generic XYX Profile," both of which are installed in the /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder, not in the root level Library > Colorsync > Profiles one.

The distinction between a colorspace profile class & for example a display or output profile class is unclear to me. Anybody got a clue about that?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi, here is a pic complet in rgb 18-220-255. On my mac it is more cyan as sky blue as it is on my tablet (galaxy 10.1/ 2014 with Artflow-beta). The values says me there is much green (220). And this way I see it here in AP (attachment).

It would help to know what you "see".

AP gave sRGB... 2.1 to it as I told it. The sRGB_v4_ICC_preference.icc is loaded on both colorsync/ profiles over the path: /System and /Library. AP finds it only at document as I reported before and makes the jpg with only the one color to black. And AP sees it as sRGB_v4_ICC_preference.icc BETA.

What is wrong here? Why AP find it not in References?

Thanks

lars

BUT NOW I SEE AT THE PLACE ALFRED LINKED THAT THE sRGB_V4... does not work on my system... may be not in AP; the test:  http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter

post-46354-0-60231700-1492139833_thumb.jpg

The icc is not aloud to upload here, you find it at: http://larshennings.de/sRGB_v4_ICC_preference.icc.zip

I deleted the file at the link of my homepage  ...icc.zip; for I forgot how I got it; have a look to the link at Alfreds post.

lars

Hi, AP runs with preferences sRGB...2.1. Starting a PSD it says: no profil now included sRGB...2.1. Will it say this allways even there is a profil?

Thanks

lars

Hi, AP runs with preferences sRGB...2.1. Starting a PSD it says: no profil now included sRGB...2.1. Will it say this allways even there is a profil?

No.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7