Sign in to follow this  
pondfish

NIK plug-in not exporting back to AF

I have been using NIK collection as plugins in AF for a while. A few months back, a problem appeared: after finishing editing in NIK and exporting back to AF, the image appears black. I have to save, close, and then reopen the .aphoto document to see the edited image. the problem still exists with the most recent AF version. I have an iMAC. OS 10.12.4. but the problem started back in December of 2016 when I had an older OS.

Hi pondfish

I've just been through the nik collection and they all appear back in Affinity fine. Is it particular plug in that it occurs with and does it happen every time? Do you have any additional monitors setup that the app may be running on?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi pondfish,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This happens when you are using the application in Separated Mode. Either go to menu Window and uncheck Separated Mode to prevent this from happening, or if you already have applied the plugin go to menu View ▸ New View (it will create a new document tab displaying the plugin output correctly) then close the original document tab (black view).