You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting a ruler made easy

I second this. The only way I know how to even do it is drag them into oblivion.

There should also be a way to lock them.

They also interact weirdly with artboard backgrounds... where it's impossible to see them, but you can still kinda grab them. It's awkward.

Simplest way to remove a guide line (as toupee says):

• Switch to Move tool (V) and drag the offending line out.

Another way without selecting it directly:

• Add a short-cut key (Edit/Preferences, Shortcut Keys) to show the Guides Manager. Toggling guide lines is Ctrl-;, so Ctrl-Alt-; seems reasonable (this is handy anyway if you use guides a lot).
  • Then when you want to remove a guide lines, just hit Ctrl-Alt-;, click on the offending line and click the garbage bin icon.

A note about this: if you hit the delete key when selecting the line in the Guides Manager, it deletes the image. It should really delete the guide line. The Guides Manager is also a good place in which locks on lines may be added as a new feature. Alternatively hover over the line until the cursor changes, then right click for pop-up menu.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

I found that moving a guide is not always a guarantee that it has actually been removed, so that has my vote too :).

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.