You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been working on a project and thought I'd see what the Separate Mode was all about. It totally threw me off since I like routines  ;) ! So now I really want things back where they were but the "merge all windows" doesn't respond. This is really slowing my work since my hands and eyes were used to everything in the Merged mode. Please tell me the trick to get "Merge All Windows" to work. I tried clicking it immediatly after the first change but it didn't work. Tried closing and restarting it but it didn't work. Tried Merging the windows before I opened file, didn't work. Please tell me the correct combination to get the windows to all merge back together like they were before I clicked Separate Windows.

errrrrr that was too simple! My mind didn't even think of unchecking only why wouldn't it let me check "Merge All Windows" since that option was there...   assumed since the check mark wasn't moving to that option there was something wrong. I guess I'm working to hard trying to get this project done.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MEB,

Checking/unchecking separated mode works on the document windows but when it is checked the toolbar disappears.  (I think this was reported before but can't find where)

I positively hate working with tabs, I want every document in a separate window, but I also need the toolbar (and context bar of course).

I have not found a way to work in separated mode with the toolbar displayed.

Any solution?

Robert

(Affinity Designer—Affinity Photo—LiveCode—Mac OS X various)