You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

it is not possible for me to export PDF´s out of Designer and Photo. I´ve tried several settings but is not possible to export a PDF file. Everytime i get the message that "The file could not be created"!

Is there any idea about that?

Thanx a lot!!

• Staff

Hi mcarlsen,

Welcome to the forums.

When exporting are you selecting a PDF preset? Have you also tried changing the location that you are exporting to? If these don't make any difference you can try creating a new user account in Windows and then try exporting to PDF.

Hi Lee D,

yes,i tried everything you wrote....but it doesn´t work. I opened the same file with Designer for Mac and it works. Hmmm....

I took the pdf, i crested on the Mac, and copied it to my windows machine. Acrobat on Windows was not able to show the pdf. It shows a blank sheet.

• Staff

Thanks for the file, for me it opens and exports to PDF without issue using both Photo and Designer on Windows 10. Usually unable to create file messages point to an issue with permissions or something else blocking access in Windows. Most of the time, creating a new Admin user account resolves the issue. You can try doing a clean boot in Windows, this may narrow down if something else running is having an effect on export.

Lee D, now we took a new computer out of the box....and it works!

i am working in a big companie and we are using a software distribution system to roll out software to the clients and that will be the problem and not the Affinity software...

now we will set up a new VM and have to check which package damage the pdf export. Puhhh....! :)

Thanx for your help!!!

Hi I'd be really interested if you identify the fonts.

We have the same problem and have been unable to solve it - all other export methods work fine - but pdf's fail on our windows machine.

We use a variety of Tamil and Sinhala fonts - if this turns out to be the issue please let us know. 

Thanks