You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparency Tool -- how to delete your transparency

Let's say I do this:

1. Place an EPS graphics in Affinity Designer.

2. Use Transparency Tool on the graphic to make part of it transparent (a gradient).

How do I UNDO that action later on?  Sure, I can eliminate it by pressing CMD-Z numerous times (loosing all my other work in the process).  But I don't see how to eliminate that added transparency when I look at the Layers palette.  I see the transparency on my layer, but I don't see how to zap that transparency into oblivion.  If it was added as a separate layer, it would be easy to delete the transparency, but it isn't.  It merely displays in the layers palette.

How do I delete a transparency I added to an object via the Transparency Tool?

Thank you.

Select the object with the transparency

Select the Transparency Tool

Select the transparent end node of the transparency line

Hit delete key

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 2 years later...

I just had this very same question. JDW is spot on here - how elusive is this?! Two years on and we still have to use this obscure method to remove transparency. Wouldn't it be so much easier and vastly more intuitive to simply have a Remove Transparency button on the context toolbar?

I agree 100% with razorpig in that it is totally unacceptable after all this time that nothing has improved.  If Affinity apps will ever become an Adobe substitute (and I've long hoped for that), they must continuously be improved.  That's not happening now, nor has it in the last two years since my previous post in this thread.  It's unacceptable and a crying shame.

Or have a styles panel the gives a list of applied style effects that can be removed or turned off, maybe add these options to the fx panel, transparency and texture.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 year later...