You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a History trace in Designer or Photo?

I've been experimenting with AP and AD, and have now found out how to do blur of selected parts of images using both - thank you forum members!

One of my files - now effectively a test file - has a slight corruption - though mostly I can simply mark the layers with the problem as non visible. I'd quite like to find out what went wrong, and maybe then delete any unwanted layers, or redo the steps "correctly".

Is there a history trace which can be used to identify where the unwanted edit took place, and which can be used to go over the process again? Either in Designer, or Photo - perhaps even both!

• Staff

Hi Dave2017,

The only feature similar to what you have described in Affinity is the History tab towards the bottom left of each app. You can use the Slider in this tab to revert edits you have made step by step :) The History tab will reset whenever you close the document however unless you go to File > Save History With Document.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi IRB:

Thanks for this, and I'm sure the information will be helpful. Unfortunately I think I may have closed my test file now, so perhaps I can't trace what went wrong, but I'll remember this for the future. I might just have a version which still has the history trace. I'll figure it out eventually.

Hi Dave2017,

The only feature similar to what you have described in Affinity is the History tab towards the bottom left of each app. You can use the Slider in this tab to revert edits you have made step by step :) The History tab will reset whenever you close the document however unless you go to File > Save History With Document.

C

Just checked this in both Apps. In mine the History tab is in the panel near the bottom Right Hand Side.

Is your version different?

Mine is for Mac.

Does seem to work - though not sure if it works across changes in Persona.

If you attach your file that is having issues here we may be able to identify what went wrong for you :)

C

I think I figured out what must have gone wrong, and it doesn't matter now anyway. What I think I did was to try to blur or paint over a part of the image. I should have taken a copy of the layer beforehand, but almost certainly didn't. I did the blur/paint using transparency - probably for the fill so what I end up with is a transparent part of image on top of a white background - not what I intended.

Thanks for the offer though.