You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am not sure where to point this but need help.  In-painting stopped half way through.  Could not reverse.  Screen is frozen.  Escape key does not do anything.  Affinity will not shut down.  Document will not close.  Computer will not shut down because Affinity is running.  Please help. 

• Staff

Hi PaintPhoto,

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried using Task Manager (Windows) or Force Quit (macOS) to end/close Affinity Photo? If all else fails you can push and hold the power button in, after afew seconds your system will shutdown. You can then reboot and try using the Inpainting Tool again, to see if the same issue occurs or try if on a different image.

I've removed your email address from your post as a precaution.

It froze with me the same way but trying to use HDR during tone mapping. I turned off the computer holding down the power button. I just got Affinity last month, I have a Mac OS Sierra which never froze before. I tried using it again and after a couple more times it worked but the whole system was almost frozen. Is there any issue with Affinity and OS Sierra?

Thank you

Santiago

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm using the trial Affinity photo on MacBook Pro.  The drop down menus freeze open with no "X," "Cancel," or any other way to close.  The program refuses to "Quit" and I cannot power off.  I took a screen shot but it saved as the Affinity logo - not the screen shot.