You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

in PagePlus it was obvious how to work with pages.  one can insert before a page, insert after a page, and when a page is deleted all the pages shift and renumber.  in Designer when i delete a page/layer i am left with a blank spot in the navigator.  is there a setting to have the pages/layers auto reorder as in PagePlus?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking about. The closest thing to pages in Affinity Designer is artboards. The only intrinsic order they have is their 'front to back' stacking order in the Layers panel, & if you delete an artboard, there is no blank spot in the Layers panel. This is just like for any other layer type.

Artboards can be placed anywhere on the canvas, they do not have to all be the same size or evenly spaced, & they can even overlap or have one nested in another. By default, they are named in the order they are created (Artboard1, Artboard2, etc.) but like for any other layer you can name them anything you want. So they are much more freeform than pages & you should not think of them as such.

The navigator panel shows an overall view of all the artboards, automatically resizing as needed, depending on where on the canvas each of them is placed. So if say you have three artboards in a row & delete the middle one, the Navigator panel still must show the other two, so it will not change size. I assume this is what you mean about a blank spot.

If you want to eliminate that, you can rearrange the artboards closer together, either manually or by using the Arrange options, but since artboards are not pages, there is no automatic method to renumber or rearrange them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7