Rincewind

Random black dots/pixels on screen

Hi,

I've got an issue with black dots with varying pixel sizes appearing in the image on screen.

Switching filters on and off changes their location, as does changing zoom level.

Luckily they're not visible in exported images, but annoying nonetheless.

post-47581-0-83928800-1491760053_thumb.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

Henning

So far I only noticed this specific problem only with one image.

I could upload the afphoto file, if that helps. It's currently 413Mb, so I might need to reproduce it with a smaller file...

Got another black dot issue, this time the dots don't move when zooming the image. And they appear on the exported image as well, only in white!  :blink:

I've saved the afphoto file just in case and attached screenshots here showing the issue.

The file was created by a HDR merge of five TIFF files.

Best regards,

Henning

post-47581-0-35307600-1494094298_thumb.jpg

post-47581-0-88660800-1494094297_thumb.jpg

Hey Rincewind,

I've been testing different groups of TIFF files I have and I believe I've reproduced this to some extent (where there are heavy shadows), however when I print the file, it doesn't print white like yours does. 

I thought I could easily remove this effect with the Inpainting brush but oddly, it seems to remove some of the artifacts but push some of it around. Some of the other tools failed to get rid of it too. Can you upload the TIFF's too? Development are keen to look at it.

Sadly I've deleted the original TIFF files, but since they were exported from Lightroom, I simply did the export again.

So I've uploaded the five new TIFF files plus one PNG exported from Affinity Photo showing the white artifacts.

Good luck in recreating the issue  :unsure:

I'm bumping up this old post to ask, if working on this problem is still in progress. Or is it supposed to be fixed?

I'm having the same problem when creating HDR merges or stacks. 

I've got here a video where I'm doing some adjustments in Develop Persona, then confirm the changes and the black pixels appear.

Problems start at 1:15.