You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Return to Move tool when esc is hit twice

By hitting escape twice, I'd like to return to the Move tool no matter which another tool I currently have activated. This can be a nice reset shortcut that gets you back to the default selection state. Right now, escape only unselects the object, and that's great. But hitting esc the second time could be used to go even further back and get you back to the Move tool.

I haven't seen it done in any other application, and I understand that some people may not actually like this idea, and I don't see it as crucial or anything. More like a nice workflow addition. Having an option in settings would probably do the trick.

Hi Crionis,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Double-clicking on an empty area on the canvas will deselect the object and switch to the Move Tool automatically.

Ah that's nice! I still think double escape could be a nice addition, so maybe consider it. But double click certainly works, thanks!

Upvote for the double "Esc" key - double clicking on a bit of empty canvas presumes you are zoomed out far enough to have that available, which is not always the case..

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.