Angie M A

Wacom Cintiq companion/ Affinity photo jagged brush issue

Hi. Is there any timescale yet for when the jagged brush stroke issue will be fixed for Wacom cintiq companion users? I first reported this when the beta build was out and I just tried the latest wacom drivers with latest Affinity photo to find the problem still persists. This is not slight wobble from an unsteady hand it is the jagged pixelated jumpy brush stroke that only occurs in affinity photo and photoshop elements for me. All other software works fine with the cintiq companion. Without some kind of brush stabilisation the software is unusable to me as a photoshop replacement for painting and inking. Thanks.

previous posts - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/27924-disappointing-experiences-with-brush-tool/

top affinity, bottom photoshop cc. I reduced spacing as much as possible and reduced hardness. Also when my cursor hovers over an area the strokes appear to vibrate almost like marching ants, hard on the eyes.

untitled_by_runts_gal-dao9ldb.png

Hey Angie M A,

There has been no movement on any drawing bugs that we have logged as far as I know. I think this may be because we are looking at some brush stabilization for 1.6 which I hope will fix this issue for you. I don't have an ETA for 1.6 but as soon as we get an opportunity to look at an early internal build I'll make this my first priority and report back.

i'm having similar issues with wacom cintiq pro 13 on windows. Here's a comparison drawn with basic round brush at 100%.

The smoother one is with PS. In Affinity Photo it's impossible to draw smooth curves right now, which is very disappointing. I hope it gets fixed soon.

post-16796-0-01051900-1497949459_thumb.png

post-16796-0-68805200-1497949464_thumb.png

We have the brush stabiliser in the 1.6 beta if you would like to try it. As this is in beta, please be aware that there is an issue at the moment where enabling the Stabiliser causes the mouse to be invisible over the UI. We will of course fix this before it gets released. Restarting the app will fix this until you change the settings again.

Here is an example of the stabilisation. I left them at their default settings but you can experiment and see what works best for each individual case.

post-46-0-00251600-1497952059_thumb.jpg