You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Setup for photo print using embed ICC

Hi all

I'd like to print some pictures with Saal Digital and i downloaded the ICC profile and think my monitor is well calibrated. Now i would like to edit the picture using the icc in order to simulate the final result. Which way do i take to embed the ICC profile? Convert ICC or Assign ICC (Document menu)?

Also, there is possible in Photoshop to change the Rendering Intent, see http://www.saal-digital.co.uk/service/icc-profile-test-print/

Is possible to change in Affinity Photo the Rendering Intent or this is an exclusive Photoshop setting? On the web is explained for PS http://www.saal-digital.co.uk/support/article/how-to-embed-icc-profiles-in-photoshop/#sb

Thanks

post-51235-0-73036600-1491613871_thumb.jpg

SaalDigital_SoftProof_Fuji.zip

To use a special color profile, you download the profile you intend to use, then you copy it into ?:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color\ (assuming windows) then you configure Affinity to use it for your images (in Affinity apps navigate to Edit / Preferences / Color) you can change rendering intent there too.

If you just want to check colors, you can just use Softproof Adjustment.

For embedding a profile check the "more" tab of the file export options popup and choose there.

System specs: Win 8.1 Pro 64bit | AMD PhenomII X6 1055T @ 3.0Ghz | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | WD10EZEX | GTX 960 4GB | Wacom CTL-672

Many thanks pixelrain and MBd, i hadn't realized there was the Softproof adjustment. You're right MBd, Saal Digital doesn't want to embed the prifile, just SRGB or Adobe RGB. I will read your topics because i think all i need is there.

Cheers

HI MBd

Sorry to hijack this thread but earlier this month I posted the following question.

I've been using the same print lab for years, part of the image prep is to change the the image profile out of the camera to their printer colour profile, usually the last adjustment. Using Affinity Photo as compared to PS, there is a significant brightness gain and loss of vibrance.  I'd rather rather not make adjustments to regain the look prior to changing the profile as what ever I do doesn't seem to recreate the original appearance.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Is the answer contained in your post on this subject dated 14 January?  I have been using the Assign ICC Profile command and if I understand correctly, Convert ICC profile would be the better option?

Thanks in advance 

David

I was watching this tutorial (min 1:45) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvZ6ZzHR0Zs

I'm trying to adjust as well the colours/tone out of gamut of the test image attached, i tried to compensate using the curves and HSL but i can't get it right, most of the colours of the right column are out of gamut. What i'm doing wrong? Can somebody try to compensate the out of gamut colours of the attached image and tell me how can i do it?

Cheers

post-51235-0-42880900-1491898291_thumb.jpg

SaalDigital_SoftProof_Fuji.zip

if you go to document "convert" to Fuji space and then convert back to sRGB, the result is much nicer and has no out of gamut colors 

Yes, it is, this is an easier and faster method, many thanks MBd.