You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No, it only works when the centre of rotation of the combined shapes happens to coincide with one of the nine points.

:(

It should not be too difficult to add a tenth point, which is the centre of rotation, wherever the user has put it.

Until this is fixed, what I shall do is to first draw a large circle, then design the shape such that the desired point of rotation coincides with the circle's centre and the shape is entirely inside the circle.

There are two things to fix:

(1) improve the transform panel to add the "tenth point"

(2) make the centre of rotation one of the points that other shapes can snap to.

Robert

(Affinity Designer—Affinity Photo—LiveCode—Mac OS X various)

In fact, I would set the modifier nudge distance to be smaller than the nudge distance, but I can't do that now (for no good reason).

Why can’t you do that, Robert? Don’t you have the preference setting below?  :unsure:

Well, yes, and I tried that but could not make it work!  However, now, after a re-installation, it does work!

Robert

(Affinity Designer—Affinity Photo—LiveCode—Mac OS X various)

Robert, 

I cannot agree that there is no reason for typographic units, or that the millimeter has sufficient resolution to be the basis for a standard typographic unit. The point persists because it does. However, as I said, I think it should be based on the metric system, not the imperial one, & expressible without the need for repeating digits or rounding. The new Didot point meets these requirements perfectly, & in fact was adopted as an EU standard in the 1970's.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You can't rotate a group as a whole, only its visible parts.

??? I have no trouble doing that, as long as one object in the group is visible. Have you tried this since re-installing or resetting the app?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7