nheimler

Windows 10 Creators Update - Designer & Photo

Hello.  Just updated to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro which is set to release next week.  When opening both Designer and Photo (non beta) the screen flashes white for a quick second and then opens as usual.  I know it did not do this before the upgrade.  Just curious if this is considered a bug with these two.  No other apps do this.  I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 (which is considered one of their gaming laptops), Intel i7 6700HQ, 16BG RAM, 512SSD, Intel 530 & Nvidia 960 graphics.  All graphics settings are on their defaults so no tweaking etc.  Basically using the built in Intel graphics chipset.  Both have the latest versions of the graphics drivers loaded from their websites as of today.  When I don't have them open in full screen I don't get the white flash.  Just curious.  Thanks again!

since I updated to 15063 (1703) Photo is crashing when I try to use the Google NikCollection. This is still working in Photoshop. I saw a lot of sideByside errors in the eventlog but nothing especially with Affinity Photo. Also tried the latest beta, but same result.

post-45820-0-41647200-1491737339_thumb.png

Hi Guys,

Are you using the nVidia 381.65 drivers? nVidia claim these now officially support Windows 10 Creators Update. I've tried it for myself using a Virtual Machine but couldn't reproduce, Note that doesn't have proper hardware acceleration. I also tried several Nik Collection plugins and that wasn't crashing for me either.

nVIDIA drivers 381.65 also gives a flash on startup.

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

@seanp  Yes.  I'm on the latest version.  Funny thing is when I stretch both programs to fill out the screen instead of maximizing, it does NOT do the white flash. :)  

The same here. I've updated to 1703 yesterday, and the startup of AP and AD increases from 4 sec up to 10 sec. It takes now even 3 sec till the splash screen appears. (nVidia drivers 382.05)

Any Ideas? Thanks!

Strange, now the start takes 5 sec without any change, about 1 sec slower as under Anniversary, but the annoying "white flash" still appears.

Did anybody solve this problem?

So, finally I gave up and went back to Win 10 Anniversery. Now it works fine, smooth, fast and without "white flash" as before.

If anybody has a solution for that or knows why this occurs, please let us know and post it here... Thanks!!

Sorry for brinning up the thread again, but after Fall Creators Update a few days ago, does anybody have still this kind of problems (performance and "white flash") after the update? I still hasitate to update. Thx

I'm on the latest 387.92 and designer is not usable with hardware acceleration on. I'm getting the white flash, which is not big deal, but the working file area is "snowflaked" and unusable.

I just updated to Fall Creators Update yesterday. I get the white flash when starting Photo 1.5.2.69 if it starts maximized, but not if it starts at a smaller size. I get no white flash when using Photo Beta 1.6.0.85. Startup performance is about the same for both, and no different as far as I can see than before the Windows update yesterday.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta