You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Right align ignores spaces at the end

Don't use spaces (this is bad practice in any application since the size of the space will change as you alter the font, and font size, meaning you have to realign everything!)

Instead look in the Paragraph panel, and increase the Right Indent value.

Also you can search Help, for 'indent' to see more information (and remember that the Help is you friend!)

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Thanks for your reply. 

However, this does not achieve what I am trying to do.

Indenting moves all lines to the left. Probably when I am typing a paragraph, and it continues on the next line it will allign to the far right, but I have hard returns, so this won't work.

I have a code block of code with mono spaced font, so manual spaces would be no problem in this case.

Normally you would indent a code block from the left, but in this special case I want to indent it from the right.

I am just a bit confused by the choice to ignore spaces in the right alignment of text.

I will end op setting tabstops I guess... Ah. no, tabs are ignored at the end of the line too.

Hmm... I'll work around it by making it a separate text frame, for the line which needs to indent.

Does the font include non-breaking spaces? They should be treated just like visible characters.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I have also searched invisible character that could be used for this. So far no luck. Also, while kern can be used in left justify to alter starting point, it does not work right edge (it would be nice though) (also AD cannot kern text out of frame, which is a problem).

I too had to resort also using invisible dot.

(Of course space in the end of line is ignored, that is expected behaviour.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was killing me today. If I have text aligned to right I expect not only spaces but also tabs to work properly. It should work exactly like reflection of left aligned text. Please kindly fix that. If I am ADDING something I dont want it to be ignored :D I am adding it for a reason ;)

• 4 years later...