Sign in to follow this  
Hokusai

Shouldn't Hidden Layers be locked?

In Affinity Designer even though layers are hidden or the visibility is switched off I can still draw on them but the drawing doesn't show up. This seems counter-intuitive to me. To me, a hidden layer should be locked while it is invisible. This problem is compounded because I have to keep scrolling through the layer sub-menus to hide or show individual items and then occasionally I accidentally select the layer below the one that I'm working on and then I draw something (not knowing that I'm on a different layer) and when I add colour, it doesn't show up because it is invisible. This could be fixed by two things (I've put in a request already for the first one some time ago) a "Hide/Show" individual shapes with a key command so I don't have to continue scrolling and scrolling through huge lists of layer sub-menus (just like command + 3 in Illustrator). This makes managing documents with lots and lots of shapes so much easier. The second is to have Hidden Layers unselectable or locked while they are hidden. Maybe there is a  good reason that I can't think of for this. If so, could someone please enlighten me. Thanks!

This might be something already discussed but I noticed as well today that even with Locked layers, objects can still be drawn on a Locked layer just not edited.