You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

anywone will give me tutorial or work flow to work the art like this on AD?

this i found on youtube done with AI,

i really want to learn about kind of this art, like "detail inking" or whatever it called. 
step :

2819285610da4659a36430ba0bcd6bb0.png

6f8c7c7d04c44acc9c7186ade9fa432f.png580b864cc3064a5fbb96f51b60cb0353.png

90002a4b021e4020866cf25ce6b4e552.png

i dont have AI but TBH AI dominate the internet, too much tutorial i found to create everything with AI, so i just try to follow some illustrator video and applicate it to AD, but it drive me crazy :D, so please give me advice.

thanks from Indonesia

That kind of artwork looks like it was done with all open paths. It's really just a matter of sketching, then tracing, and then coloring.

I say start off with the Pixel Persona and sketch up a concept in a pixel layer. After that, switch to the Draw Persona, and create two new layers. Name them Linework and Color. (Make sure the Color layer is underneath Linework). For Linework, use one of the drawing tools to trace over the sketch (preferably Pen Tool). The Pen Mode is quite precise, but Smart Mode can be good for tracing. Don't worry about drawing in closed paths. Just trace the image. To give each line that tapered effect, adjust the pressure profile in the Stroke studio. Have four points on the profile. One on each end, and one close to each end. Lower the ones on each end far down but keeping the close ones as is. Then save that profile so you can reuse it. Now with the coloring layer, you do have to work in closed paths since the linework is open. Use the closed regions of the linework as guidelines.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

You don't want to be adjusting pressure profiles continuously - inking with a Wacom is natural.

As long as you set the pressure once, you don't have to do it again. All future strokes will automatically have that profile.

Also, I mention it a lot because I'm pumped for it, there will be an update around Easter for drawing more smoothly for if you don't have a graphic tablet. See here.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

That kind of artwork looks like it was done with all open paths. It's really just a matter of sketching, then tracing, and then coloring.

I say start off with the Pixel Persona and sketch up a concept in a pixel layer. After that, switch to the Draw Persona, and create two new layers. Name them Linework and Color. (Make sure the Color layer is underneath Linework). For Linework, use one of the drawing tools to trace over the sketch (preferably Pen Tool). The Pen Mode is quite precise, but Smart Mode can be good for tracing. Don't worry about drawing in closed paths. Just trace the image. To give each line that tapered effect, adjust the pressure profile in the Stroke studio. Have four points on the profile. One on each end, and one close to each end. Lower the ones on each end far down but keeping the close ones as is. Then save that profile so you can reuse it. Now with the coloring layer, you do have to work in closed paths since the linework is open. Use the closed regions of the linework as guidelines.

noted, thank you so much, i try some parts of this technic. anyway, we should consist of brush or pen tool? i looked on AI tutorial they all use brush for inking. thanks 

Do you have access to a graphics tablet (preferably a Wacom)? If not, get one. Inking without a tablet is painful. You don't want to be adjusting pressure profiles continuously - inking with a Wacom is natural.

Of course, it does mean you will need to learn basic drawing skills. I assume you have those.

yes men, i got one a few day ago, thanks for advice

noted, thank you so much, i try some parts of this technic. anyway, we should consist of brush or pen tool? i looked on AI tutorial they all use brush for inking. thanks

You're welcome. The reason I said Pen Tool is because the Brush and Pencil tools in Designer are currently jaggedy and do not use path continuation. However, both of these things will be addressed in a very recent update. And I'm guessing the designer for that video used the Live Paint Bucket Tool in Illustrator. Since Designer does not have that, drawing the fills in closed paths in a layer below the linework would be the efficient thing to do in this case.

There is, however, a feature on the roadmap to convert pixel selections to vector objects. Whenever that might be implemented, that will be close to being equivalent to the Live Paint Bucket.

BUT stupidly enough ClipStudio can't export those as vector for use in a different application. Plain silly.

Despite painting programs like Clip, Krita, or Photoshop which say they support vectors actually support "vexels." From my understanding, it is not possible for a photo editing or pixel editing program to support 100% vector. Vexels have the same functionality as vector, but they consist of pixels.

But I agree that Clip does have a lot of impressive features. It reminds me of tools found in an animation program, Cacani.