You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So i'm creating  a LUT inside Affinity and i'm only using simple adjustments. i export as a .cube, and i import in my video editing software, and it looks awful. not even close to what i made in Affinity. It has this weird blue tint to it that i didn't add. I use LUTs a lot so i know how to apply the LUT, i just think i'm doing something wrong in trying to create the LUT from Affinity or something. Is this a bug? or am i doing something wrong?

post-56073-0-80648100-1491410022_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

In 1.10.4.1196 Exporting LUTs still has some issues.

One is it seems that some adjustment layers aren't compatible with exporting LUTs. Im not sure which ones, I only know that when exporting LUTs from an image with multiple adjustment layers the results don't give the same look. And yes, the adjustment layers are all global effects.

Second issue is that if an adjustment layer uses the blend curves feature, these are not taken into account when exporting the LUT. So, if I want to increase vibrance and set the blend curve to a linear increase from shadows (0) to highlights (1), the exported LUT will have vibrance increased equally across all tones. 

Third issue, which I created a topic for recently, is that adustments with the HSL layer do not acknowledge the HSV box being checked when exporting a LUT. So, if I use HSV mode to create a specific look, the exported LUT ignores this entirely and treats all adjustments as HSL. Since HSL and HSV work differently, the resulting LUT is not remotely like what I created. 

Fourth issue is that sometimes the exported LUT is just devoid of any adjustments after doing an inferred LUT. 

Given that this topic was created in 2017, nearly 5 years later it seems that the export LUT function is still buggy. I hope these issues are given some attention by the devs in a future update