You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I've the following scaling issue:

I have a logo that consists of several shapes and 2 text paths. The logo is used as a symbol, in different layouts for mobile and web screens.

How can I scale the logo including its child-objects (the 2 text on paths), without loosing the correct visual appearance of the logo?

If I scale the logo (the whole object) down:

- the text wraps around the curves (as it is described in the AD help)

- that means I have my big logo (which looks good) a smaller logo with to large text, so I have to modify the text separately on the smaller logo (the instance of the symbol). But if I do so, I loose the correct visualization on the other symbols (the original, the bigger ones). 

And vice versa. An infinite loop...

1.) I need an option like "scale with object" as it exists for layerFX or

2.) the default scaling behavior of text on paths must be like that  

Thanks a lot for your time, your ideas, your help,

Stefan.

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

• Staff

Hi Schubi63,

How are you scaling the logo? If you use the lowest handle on the bottom right of the bounding box (the one that's "detached" from it) it should scale the text on the path instead of reflowing it. This is also valid for groups containing frame text objects and text on path objects.

Hi Schubi63,

How are you scaling the logo? If you use the lowest handle on the bottom right of the bounding box (the one that's "detached" from it) it should scale the text on the path instead of reflowing it. This is also valid for groups containing frame text objects and text on path objects.

Thank you so much MEB!

It's like you said - I must use the lowest handle to scale the logo. That's it. My fault.

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Evan D,
If you use the regular handle located over the bounding box it reflows the text inside the text frame (without scaling). If you use the detached/lower right handle it will scale the text frame and the text inside. Same behaviour with groups that contain text frames.