You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.2.63

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Export allows decimal point pixel sizes
  • Fixed can't reset specific text style values
  • Fixed unable to drag and drop .abr brushes to import them
  • Fixed Equations aren't flagged red if they are not complete and correct
  • Fixed Coarse Histogram warning doesn't have a tooltip
  • Fixed images copied from MS paint appear flipped in Affinity
  • Fixed input fields are clipped on the right edge in Live Filter Layers
  • Fixed text blend gamma default set at 1
  • Fixed Tone Mapping clipped text field
  • Fixed Tone Mapping moving a preset doesn't work and causes it to be lost
  • Fixed Ctrl start doesn't restore deleted Tone Mapping presets
  • Fixed undo set brush source missing tooltip
  • Fixed Channel Image Icons not constrained by width
  • Fixed typing a value for Vibrance Adjustment doesn't always apply that value
  • Fixed tooltip typo on the Character Panel
  • Fixed macros set effect colour control not appearing for macros
  • Fixed blend modes cannot be changed in any Layer Effects
  • Fixed some Pantone Palettes showing spot icon 

thanks for the change log  :wub:  :)  

Fixed Ctrl start doesn't restore deleted Tone Mapping presets

I'm not aware of ctrl start restoring anything rather than deleting something but anyway, this got me thinking 

could you add a button on the ctrl restart page like "export all" which would just take all files that were otherwise deleted and just put them in simple folder, zip that folder

and another button to restore which would take such a zip as an argument and then restores them?

This would make troubleshooting particularly less scary, both in development and stable versions

here is one example where resetting led to a significant performance increase in the stable version but without such a "save" feature this is not particularly appealing option in a stable env, especially if one does not know in advance if it will succeed 

thanks  :)

1. A new bug.
When you move the file into the program, an error appears.
More on the video.

https://youtu.be/ba1n8A4Yyeg

2. Error with the brush remained relevant

https://youtu.be/U4Ei4xdDsCI

3. Error with the discoloration of the brush is relevant

https://youtu.be/_aOEL8vQQCE

4. The spontaneous scaling error is actual.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

A few issues I (still) have:

1. This is not fixed: https://affinity.ser...-all-exif-data/

2. Still uses LZW for 16bit TIF, no options.

3. The Save/export dialog doesn't reflect original file location.

4. TIF extension is *.TIFF, no option for *.TIF

And a new one is the "Error importing brushes", m850 mentioned above, after drag&drop a file into AP. The error does not appear after opening the file using File-Open command.

Beta 1.5.2.63 does not recognize my purchased, installed and still working version 1.5.1.54. At the beginning of the 1.5.2.63 installation I am prompted to enter my e-mail address and my product key but the installer does not accept the entered data, not even when I log in to my affinity account and use the copy function for my product key.

What goes wrong here?

Regards, dke     

Beta 1.5.2.63 does not recognize my purchased, installed and still working version 1.5.1.54. At the beginning of the 1.5.2.63 installation I am prompted to enter my e-mail address and my product key but the installer does not accept the entered data, not even when I log in to my affinity account and use the copy function for my product key.

What goes wrong here?

Regards, dke     

Sorry, this was my mistake. I downloaded designer beta instead of photo beta and of course it didn't install because I have no designer license.

Regards, dke

• Staff

1. A new bug.

When you move the file into the program, an error appears.

More on the video.

https://youtu.be/ba1n8A4Yyeg

2. Error with the brush remained relevant

https://youtu.be/U4Ei4xdDsCI

3. Error with the discoloration of the brush is relevant

https://youtu.be/_aOEL8vQQCE

4. The spontaneous scaling error is actual.

Hi m850,

Issue 1 and 3 are definitely known about and reported to development. I also think 2 is as well but I shall double check. With regards to number 4 I don't believe this is so I shall get it reported. Lastly regarding the brushes dialog, I don't believe this is know so shall get that reported as well!

Thanks again for letting us know!

Hi m850,

Issue 1 and 3 are definitely known about and reported to development. I also think 2 is as well but I shall double check. With regards to number 4 I don't believe this is so I shall get it reported. Lastly regarding the brushes dialog, I don't believe this is know so shall get that reported as well!

Thanks again for letting us know!

Glad to the appearance of such a product as AP. If my reports help to make the product better, I will be happy!

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Hi I just downloaded the present beta version because I though it might have solved this issue, that only just happened as I was making this image, something which I've never seen before strangely.  Has anyone else seen this before?  See the marks on the right where they are on the same layer yet they are not 'interacting'?

I'll try restarting my PC to see if that fixing it.

[Edit: it indeed did fix the issue - ignore (or delete) this post]

Okay the Saga continues. Only minutes after a reboot, thinking it was not happening anymore, I get the same issue. see attached.  It's upside down because I took a screen shot and pasted from clipboard, and it pasted like that!  (Another issue?)

post-33235-0-01686700-1491841599_thumb.jpg

post-33235-0-79201300-1491842861_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi I just downloaded the present beta version because I though it might have solved this issue, that only just happened as I was making this image, something which I've never seen before strangely.  Has anyone else seen this before?  See the marks on the right where they are on the same layer yet they are not 'interacting'?

I'll try restarting my PC to see if that fixing it.

[Edit: it indeed did fix the issue - ignore (or delete) this post]

Okay the Saga continues. Only minutes after a reboot, thinking it was not happening anymore, I get the same issue. see attached.  It's upside down because I took a screen shot and pasted from clipboard, and it pasted like that!  (Another issue?)

You have the Paint Mixer brush selected and that will mix all the colours as you paint your strokes. If you are pressing B to select the Paint Brush Tool be aware it cycles between Paint Brush, Pixel Brush and Paint Mixer Brush. As for the paste issue that is known and reported to development.

Hi,

since there a re a number of usability bugs ("Fail to import brush", 'flip the pasted image'), would you consider releasing a new beta soon? \

The beta is a bit annoying to use in this state for some.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

When can we expect the fixes for Wacom tablet? Or at least some more info about progress making with that, if any? From the very first beta all i read is "Yes we know about that and we working on it". So many new customer betas released (one even with 200+ fixes.. supposedly) and still no progress on fixing this particular one... which in my opinion is one of the most severe bug right now.

Rafael, you say 'When can we expect the fixes for Wacom tablet'. My Wacom Tablet and many others work perfectly. It took months to get my WACOM to even work on Win 7 through trial and error. Wacoms and their drivers are notorious! While the guys here can make tentative improvements (given the variety of Waco/windows configurations) I expect as ever a small hard core of Wacom users will never get it working fine ..

Cheers Paul

Rafael, you say 'When can we expect the fixes for Wacom tablet'. My Wacom Tablet and many others work perfectly. It took months to get my WACOM to even work on Win 7 through trial and error. Wacoms and their drivers are notorious! While the guys here can make tentative improvements (given the variety of Waco/windows configurations) I expect as ever a small hard core of Wacom users will never get it working fine ..

Cheers Paul

I have never had any problems with my Wacom on Win. You are talking like Wacom is a well known from having issues. Well maybe for you. I, my friends and acquaintances who use Wacom never had major issues like here with AP. I am not sure what trial and error you have gone through to "get Wacom to even work", but to me it seems like individual problem. Dont take wacom as a faulty product for granted. It serves me well for a long time without a small problem on 6 other well known softwares i have used.

I know some Wacoms work good with AP, but it seems like one particular series still have problems and it it not wacom driver issue, but the AP.

You say "small hard core of Wacom users will never get it working fine". First, it is not our job to get it work (unless its win/mac configuration problem) its the software developer who must get it to work. As i said before, Wacoms work flawleslly with other softwares, but AP, so please dont tell nonsense its win and/or driver problem.

Ok, so it seems like every other good and even less known softwares that are out, got wacom to work with that faulty drivers, no biggy, while AP - released too soon with many bugs yet - is perfectly fine and its wacom's fault.... Ah that logic :/

Wacom will not help individual with this problem as ther answer is same. "Our products works with all well known software that are out for some time. while AP is new on the market and still in developement"

How can it be that so many people blame wacom driver while its working flawlessly. Going with your logic, Wacom and all other graphic softwares are BAD (while its working), only AP does the job well (whle it's not working).

Edit. I have check my Wacom on 3 different mashines, two Windows 8.1 different config and one Windonw 7. It is working perfectly with all programs except AP. This is another proof that it is hardly a Win cofing problem or a faulty driver.

Eh, to give you quick answer, yes i did google it, long time before. When AP has its first beta and indeed back the i thought it may be a driver or win problem. All the problems others had and fixes dosen't work for AP. I have check everything i could. Since then there was several new driver updates, i also check AP with Wacom on diferent mashines, no luck. Some of my friends have same issue, only with AP. It is really hard to believe its a Wacom problem when everything else is working ok.

I dont want to argue with people every single time. I know some of you want to help, but if you really want to help, instead of throwing "its wacom problem" in the face and feel proud you know better, tell us how to fix this. If you dont know, then stop wasting yours and my time on futile discussion.

I am really interested now only what dev team has to say. They never stated that this is Wacom problem, so i presume they know something its wrong and probably wants to fix it.

Hey Mark.

I have the same problem that occurs from the beginning of beta.

First and the most severe is the one i mentioned in this post. The delay when starting a new stroke

Second is not smoth lines when drawing circles. Instead of smooth line its seems like its composed from straight strokes.Here is the post of different user who upload a good screen.

I think with the latest update the smothness is better, but still not good enough.

This bugs are on CTL Wacom series.