You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remove "okay" button on Alignment Panel

I honestly don't see a difference.  I can see both images very clearly and it's like 3k difference.  I didn't look at how it was being saved, just wanted to get it saved. :)

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

OK, I customized and there is now an Arrange button in Tool bar, which open aforenamed panel. 

As I see OK button's most important thing is that it makes panel to go away. That is, I can press enter and it di§sappears as it should.

On the PC, the Arrange button is on the toolbar by default when you install.   The OK does more than make the panel go away, it accepts what you have aligned.  If you do NOT press OK, (or click on one of the objects in the selection box) your objects will revert back to their original positions.  That's what we're complaining about.  We shouldn't have to click OK.   Pressing Enter on the PC version does nothing. 

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

That's very possible.  the Mac version has been out for well over a year before the PC version.  They are supposed to be identical but I think there are some things that  simply aren't! 

When using the alignment tools from the pop-up menu (via right click), you don't have to click anything... it's automatic but when doing the same thing via the "arrange" on the menu, you DO have to click "Done" or the changes will not stick.

Hi MaryLou,

I'm also on Windows and I get the same (normal) behavior as you do.

As Ben said, if you need to align or space vertically and horizontally objects, you can perform both operations at once, without exiting the submenu, which saves time.

If you only want to make an alignment, once you have selected the objects, you can use the buttons in the context bar: the effect is instantly applied without having to confirm.

I honestly don't see a difference.  I can see both images very clearly and it's like 3k difference.  I didn't look at how it was being saved, just wanted to get it saved. :)

Oh, OK. I only mentioned it because I see quite a big difference in clarity, but I've no wish to labour the point. :)

post-8358-0-68193200-1491677531_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

No problem, Alfred.  I do know the difference in the various graphic types and if it was something worth keeping, I would have used the .png format.  Using .jpg is just habit.  At one time, that, and .gif were about the only formats available.  Hard to teach an old dog new tricks sometimes! :) :)

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104