You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Better Measurement Options

As a web developer I am loving Afinity Photo and the ability to open AI files and export SVGs inside of it is a HUGE draw and I think you could really take the web dev market away from the competitors.  However the ability to measure distances easily is key to the workflow of a developer and a lot of times I feel focus is put on the creation of files and not the inspection of existing files.  There are a lot of people out there that use a graphics program simply to inspect, measure and export assets from existing designs.  that said the best option I have come up with to measure distances is to create a Rectangle and use it like a measuring tape, which is ok however I can't find a way to display the size of the rectangle without resizing it? am I missing some type of info view? 

also it would be nice if this was a separate tool you could hit a shortcut and pull out as needed instead of finding your layer inside your document each time, Ideally something you could drag and re position while being created(I know you are working on that) and that would snap to layer boundaries . Remember not all of your users are editing photos with your software.