You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm brand new to Mac and to Affinity Design. I was a CorelDraw user since ver 1.0, and was very familiar with it. When my Windows laptop imploded last week, the entire family (literally) persuaded me to make the big switch. I'm now the proud owner of a 15", SSD, Retina Display, Intel Quad Core I7, MacBook Pro. It's just like my son's and he's very happy with it.

Mac means "NO CorelDraw". I downloaded the trial copy of AD tonight and have been getting familiar through the videos and trial and error. I can't seem to make the page size that I input stick. It keeps resizing the pages smaller. I need vector software to design models for laser cutting and 3D printing. Therefore I need to scale drawing and output precise objects. I was able to work in any scale in CD, and see most of the same functionality in AD, but I'm unable to adjust the unit size in the rulers.

When I input in the document set up for a custom page of 12" X 12" inches, it takes it, but as soon as I manipulate the drawing, the page size changes to something smaller and the imported bitmap that I'm tracing falls off the end of the page. 

What am I doing wrong?

• Staff

Hello trainman2001,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

Sorry to know about the trouble you're having with Affinity. You aren't doing anything wrong.

There's a known bug with page sizes/dpi when working on retina documents that was already fixed in the beta version.

The trial (and MAS) version you're using is still based on the old code and that may explain the problems you're having with document sizes.

Currently only users who own the MAS version are able to run the beta, but it shouldn't take too long until an updated version reach the Mac App Store along with a fixed trial.