You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Find in Layer Panel" hotkey

Can you please add "Find in Layer Panel" to a toolbar in Affinity Designer/Photo?  I can't add a shortcut in macOS for it because it doesn't exist in a menu, outside of right clicking something on the canvas.  More specifically, I can add it, it just doesn't work.

I'm finding myself having to find several dozen layers individually for adjustments because AD's cmd+shift+v often times fails to apply the same sized effects to different layers.  This happens to me a lot; I don't know the cause (I haven't resized the layers, but I have rotated them).

post-17286-0-18179500-1491272019_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi SimplyPhy,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's an option in the Preferences to enable this functionality permanently. Go to Affinity Preferences, User Interface section and check Show Selection in Layers Panel.

Regarding the effects, i believe we already have this logged but without seeing the original file i don't know if both relates to the same cause. Any change you can upload an afdesign file with a source object and a target one where pasting the effects from the first on to the target change their size please? Thanks.

• 6 years later...