You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No ability to filter by product in these forums?

Enjoying the products (just bought Affinity Photo yesterday, after Designer some months ago).

However, things appear to be getting very, very busy in the forum, which is great for Affinity, but not so great for customers trying to narrow down their search topics.

Community forums are a fantastic way of collating group knowledge, but since there is no dedicated ticket support system, it makes it quite difficult to find answers to questions relating to a specific product, and there is quite a lot of crossover in terms of terminology.

I imagine this will only get more confusing when the long awaited Affinity Publisher is released.

Many companies abandon the forum model for support because they simply can't keep up with the influx of questions, so it's also a bit of a concern that since the Affinity products are now becoming available on Windows, that you won't be able to provide proper support unless you take on more staff.. 

This makes it a bit more difficult to reach a comfortable decision with deciding to switch to a whole new toolset.

I'm not criticising the products, members, or staff, in any way, I'm just feeling a bit concerned that it will become more and more difficult to get help or find answers as the number of users exponentially increases, unless this side of things is improved..

• Staff

Enjoying the products (just bought Affinity Photo yesterday, after Designer some months ago).

However, things appear to be getting very, very busy in the forum, which is great for Affinity, but not so great for customers trying to narrow down their search topics.

Community forums are a fantastic way of collating group knowledge, but since there is no dedicated ticket support system, it makes it quite difficult to find answers to questions relating to a specific product, and there is quite a lot of crossover in terms of terminology.

I imagine this will only get more confusing when the long awaited Affinity Publisher is released.

Many companies abandon the forum model for support because they simply can't keep up with the influx of questions, so it's also a bit of a concern that since the Affinity products are now becoming available on Windows, that you won't be able to provide proper support unless you take on more staff.. 

This makes it a bit more difficult to reach a comfortable decision with deciding to switch to a whole new toolset.

I'm not criticising the products, members, or staff, in any way, I'm just feeling a bit concerned that it will become more and more difficult to get help or find answers as the number of users exponentially increases, unless this side of things is improved..

Hi Guy_B

We do have some improvements for the Forum planned however they wont be available for a while yet.

In regards to staffing / workloads etc at the moment we have a great support team that are managing all of their work very well, we all work very hard to make sure as many people get responses as possible. I'm going to move this thread to the Feature Requests section as a filter by product option would be a great improvement for the forum :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.