You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ICC Profile Colour/Tonal Shift

I've been using the same print lab for years, part of the image prep is to convert the image to their printer colour profile, usually the last adjustment. Using Affinity Photo as compared to PS, there is a significant brightness gain and loss of vibrance.

I'd rather rather not make adjustments to regain the look prior to changing the profile as what ever I do doesn't seem to recreate the original appearance.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks

David

Hi David, I'm assuming you have a calibrated monitor, interesting that applying the icc is the last thing you do. In my flow it's almost the first thing! actually I apply it in my raw converter before import to AP and it remains part of the file throughout the process. I've not had any change in screen or more importantly print image appearance moving from PS to AP.

Unlikely that's any help to you at all, I'm no print expert by any means I've just got a routine that works for me, so it's just an observation. At least its another bump  :)

What lab do you use? (not that that's the issue I'm just curious as your UK)

Regards

the calibrated monitor thing is irrelevant because we're talking about differences between AP and PS on the same PC

not differences between PC and Print 

if you apply the ICC up front or later is a choice of workflow and comes with certain advantages or disadvantages but it is both a workflow that should produce consistent results with other software that claims to utilize the same precision in color management 

furthermore calibrated monitors are not the only way to get good colors and calibrated monitors alone don't suffice either but that is not the point here 

@David I've responded here https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/38499-setup-for-photo-print-using-embed-icc/?p=192109

Hi Harry

I have used Pro Am Imaging in Bradford for years. The prices are great, I pay about £1 for a 14" x 12" print. The quality is excellent, the packaging is robust (never had a problem) and if they think there is a problem with your work, they always telephone to check before printing. Basically, one has to resize the image and CONVERT the ICC profile to match their printer which is a Fuji. Download their profile

Can recommend them without reservation. Thanks for getting in touch.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, I use DSCL, sounds like a similar setup (Fuji) Have to say I'm pretty happy with the service and results. Pricing for their ordinary 'Standard' prints is around the same price as you pay their Fuji large format pricing which I use is more expensive around a fiver for that size of print. I do like the contact personal touch you describe might give them a bash, always good to have alternatives!

Hope you get you ICC issue resolved.

Regards