You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have read a number of question and answers on the subject of Fuji raw. files lens correction etc., but would like (before I buy into Fuji XT2) a bit of assurance as to AP's capabilities and stability.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Hi Sharkey,

The FujiFilm X-T2 is listed on our supported RAW list, I also checked opening a sample file. Len corrections are applied automatically, however it can be turned off in the Develop Assistant panel.

Much appreciated.

Any other comments on this combination (Fuji+AP) as to the quality of the image from 'Develop Persona' etc. would be also appreciated. It all adds to the decision making process.

Past experience (again) has given me cause to ask this sort of question when considering changes. Although image quality from my Nikon was described as exceptional prior to purchase and has proved so; the amount of consideration and control necessary to produce it was not. I should have asked, is the point.

So ANY little points that occur to present users of this combination will serve me well.

Regards.    Sharkey 

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

If you want to process more than a dozen images at once you'll need another software package anyway.

(Or wait for the affinity DAM to arrive and then develope/ manage your photos efficiently)

Have you considered the XT20 btw?

RAW conversion quality is overrated, C1 is always praised to be way better than LR but it just applies different presets (mainly) so als long as you are not 600% zoomed in you will never notice, even if you notice, the people that view your photos will not.

No pun intended

Cheers :)

I will have a longer look now.

Hi Sharkey,

The FujiFilm X-T2 is listed on our supported RAW list, I also checked opening a sample file. Len corrections are applied automatically, however it can be turned off in the Develop Assistant panel.

You may want to update this list here then, since it doesn't list certain supported vendors cam models then, but is referenced from the AP specs overview web pages etc.!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If you want to process more than a dozen images at once you'll need another software package anyway.

(Or wait for the affinity DAM to arrive and then develope/ manage your photos efficiently)

RAW conversion quality is overrated, C1 is always praised to be way better than LR but it just applies different presets (mainly) so als long as you are not 600% zoomed in you will never notice, even if you notice, the people that view your photos will not.

No pun intended

Cheers :)

I have had that look. Unfortunately (because the price is attractive) XT-20 has no weatherproofing and where I live that pretty much puts it out of the running.

It looks like brilliant option with anyone just after the image quality and focusing etc. Real shame I dont live in one of those warmish, dryish places I have heard so much about :D.

Regards    Sharkey 

I have had that look. Unfortunately (because the price is attractive) XT-20 has no weatherproofing and where I live that pretty much puts it out of the running.

It looks like brilliant option with anyone just after the image quality and focusing etc. Real shame I dont live in one of those warmish, dryish places I have heard so much about :D.

Regards    Sharkey 

Personally, I would go with a weatherproof camera anyway, regardless of the conditions.

I've had a bad experience with my Sony A6000. Some moisture and now it gives me problems.

That said, Fuji cameras are sturdier, even the ones not weatherproof.

Their life cycle is longer, money wise more pricey than Sony but for some good reasons (yes, most likely my next camera will be a Fuji).

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Thank you for all your comments and advice.

It looks like the adaption of my present equipment will have to be the way forward.

Finances would have dictated a very limited lens selection; even more so than now.

Rummaging through my cupboards I think I have come up with a way of avoiding most of the problems and will report back; you never know I might even post the occasional image  :unsure: .

Regards    Sharkey