You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Guys, this is my suggestion!
I find affinity really incredible for the vectorial, i still prefer Photoshop for digital painting, but for the UI creation instead of AI, affinity with some update could be really better, i really liked also how affinity export the project for photoshop, that is great, and well organized, would be amazing if you can do it also for AI, and also if you can copy vectorial shapes for example in AI and simply paste in affinity, like it is from the adobe programs (AE, ID, AI...)
Affinity-suggestions-2-little.png

• Staff

Hi andreacaliendi,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding Transparent check, can you expand a little on this? If you export as a PNG (or other format that supports alpha), Affinity should export the file with a transparent background by default.

The last point rectangles angle roundness, go to the context toolbar and check Absolute sizes (with the Rectangle or Rounded Rectangle Tool selected).

If you export as a PNG (or other format that supports alpha), Affinity should export the file with a transparent background by default.

You only get a transparent background if the document background is set to transparent. It would be better if a PNG export were to retain its transparency independently of the document background setting.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi Alfred,

Yes, only if you set the background to transparent - i thought that was implied...

It would be better if a PNG export were to retain its transparency independently of the document background setting.

This was how it was working previously and we changed it to the actual behaviour. For more info about the reasons behind this check this thread from post #15 onwards.

I think maybe what he is asking for is that when you go to export that you have more information, like if there were a preview pane showing the transparency, showing the estimated file size, etc. Photoshop and Illustrator have that Save for Web (Legacy) option that does this. 

Hi Alfred,

Yes, only if you set the background to transparent - i thought that was implied...

... and I thought it might not be immediately obvious! :P

It would be better if a PNG export were to retain its transparency independently of the document background setting.

This was how it was working previously and we changed it to the actual behaviour. For more info about the reasons behind this check this thread from post #15 onwards.

Thanks for the pointer to that other thread, Miguel. I've rarely had any reason to switch to the Export Persona, and I wasn't aware of the distinction between linked and unlinked slices.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hello Guys happy to see reply :)
Today I exported the transparent PNG File, and for do that I set the document with transparent background, so you will have the transp. background also when you work...  i think would be easly work on a project witout see a transparent bkground or you can decide that when you create the new progect, and decide to just export the transparent or not transparent project without switch on/off in the program setting but just with a checkbox during the export.
For the last point, thank you, is what i was looking for.

Btw, I hope you find helpful my suggestions and sorry for my english.
I actually love the vectorial persona of affinity designer and today I also promoted this programs with a studio here, so, keep going the designer suit is amazing :)

I was just coming in to say this: I want transparency in export without having to set the doc bg to transparent for two reasons 

1. (Least important) It is an extra step to change the document settings. 
  2. (Most important) The chequered background is very distracting when working on a document, especially when you are working with a grid. I like having a clean white background to work in and not have the bg export by default.

I think an easy solution (at least easy in terms of the UI, no clue in dev terms) would be to have a checkbox at export "Transparent background" That would enable transparency there. 

I was just coming in to say this: I want transparency in export without having to set the doc bg to transparent for two reasons 

1. (Least important) It is an extra step to change the document settings. 
  2. (Most important) The chequered background is very distracting when working on a document, especially when you are working with a grid. I like having a clean white background to work in and not have the bg export by default.

I think an easy solution (at least easy in terms of the UI, no clue in dev terms) would be to have a checkbox at export "Transparent background" That would enable transparency there. 

I was just try to export with transparency and I'm returned in this post for find the setting for do it.. 

with a check box, i will also remind it when im in the export action :)